St. John’s Friendship Sunday occurs the second Sunday of every month. It is an opportunity to meet our church family, enjoy some conversation and treats, meet our staff and ask questions about what our church offers…all in a relaxed atmosphere. Click here for a downloadable pamphlet.
9 a.m. Bible Class & Sunday School ~ 10 a.m. Worship ~ 11:15 a.m. Social Hour
Please join us!!! 2nd Sunday of Every Month
What should I Wear?
- The Bible makes no demands about how someone should dress. St. John’s does not have a “dress code.” At any given service, you might see running shoes and high heels, jeans and suits, open collars and ties. When a person dresses out of love for Jesus, the choice of dress—casual or formal—is acceptable to God…and to us!
Is St. John’s a Part of a Larger Church Body?
- St. John’s is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod. The Evangelical Lutheran Synod believes and confesses the Bible is God’s Word, inspired by the Holy Spirit, and therefore without error. It is the only authority for Christian faith, knowledge, and life. The Bible’s primary purpose is to reveal Jesus Christ—God’s Son—as the Savior of the world.
What Should I Expect During Worship?
- Our worship service is outlined every week in our worship folder, which you will receive as you enter the sanctuary. Sometimes we use an order of service from the hymnal; in such instances page references will be announced. Our services focus on readings from the Bible—God’s Word. Music and singing also play important parts in our worship.
What If My Children Make Too Much Noise?
- We encourage families to worship together. It is not at all uncommon to hear children’s cries during the hymns, lessons and sermons. If however, you feel that your little one needs some personal attention, you are welcome to use the nursery, found at the back left corner of the church.
What About The Offering?
- Our members bring offerings to God through their church. St. John’s passes an offering plate during the service (following the sermon) so that our worship may include bringing gifts to God. As our guest, we do not expect you to contribute an offering, nor do we want to pressure you into doing so. You may wish to learn more about our ministry before bringing your offerings to God through our church, but you are welcome to participate as your heart leads you to give.